Overseas Civilian Contractors

News and issues relating to Civilian Contractors working Overseas

Abducted Afghan contractors found dead

SIX of nine Afghans employed by a local US-contracted building company and kidnapped earlier this week were found shot dead today.

AFP at the Herald Sun September 11, 2011

The six were among a group taken hostage on Tuesday in Logar province in the south of the war-torn country. The fate of three others kidnapped at the same time remains unknown, Abdul Khalil Kamal, governor of Charkh district said.

“Six Afghan civilian workers were found dead this morning in Charkh district of Logar province,” he said, adding that they were killed overnight and their bodies were left along the roadside in two separate areas.

The nine Afghans were kidnapped on September 6 by the Taliban while they were on their way to work for a local construction company subcontracted by the US army, Mr Kamal said, without giving the name of the company.

Please read more here

September 10, 2011 - Posted by | Afghanistan, Civilian Contractors, Contractor Casualties, Contractors Kidnapped, Defense Base Act, Department of Defense, Taliban | , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: