Overseas Civilian Contractors

News and issues relating to Civilian Contractors working Overseas

Director stops illegal sale of Trojan to G4S

KHONANI ONTEBEBETSE at Weekend Post Botswani

The Managing Director of Trojan Security Services Gerhard Brand has filed papers with the High Court in Lobatse to stop the company’s planned acquisition by G4S Security Systems. He says he has never authorised the acquisition of the security company to G4S Security Systems.
In the court papers, Brand contends that the acquisition of Trojan by G4S is unauthorised and illegal and cannot be allowed to go on.
Brand says as the Chairman of the Board and the majority shareholder of Trojan, the Board or a meeting of the shareholders has never authorised Trojan to enter into any transaction with G4S, more so a transaction whereby G4S will ‘acquire’ Trojan.
Brand says he is in the dark as to what G4s intends to do with Trojan after its purported transaction.
“As the chairman of the Board and the majority shareholder, I do not know the terms and conditions of the purported agreement by the Respondent,” says Brand.
Brands holds 99% shareholding and the remaining 1 % is being held by his sister Debbie Ann Cloete (nee Brand).
He says on January 16, he purchased a copy of the Mmegi Monitor newspaper whereupon he was shocked to learn on page 23 that G4S was in the process of acquiring Trojan together with tow operating ‘divisions’ being Hotline Security Services (PTY) LTD and Cyber (PTY) LTD which was subject to relevant regulatory approvals.
Brand said on the same day he called the Managing Director of G4s Security Services who confirmed that indeed G4S has ‘acquired’ Trojan Security Services subject to regulatory approval.

Please read the entire article here

January 31, 2012 - Posted by | Africa, G4S, Legal Jurisdictions, Private Security Contractor | , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: