Afghan shooting suspect’s friend had leg blown off
From the AP March 16, 2012
The soldier’s attorney, Seattle attorney John Henry Browne, told reporters Thursday that the day before the rampage, he saw his friend’s leg blown off.
Browne told The Associated Press that his client’s family provided him with details of the injury to another U.S. soldier. The details have not been independently verified.
“His leg was blown off, and my client was standing next to him,” he said Thursday.
It isn’t clear whether the incident might have helped prompt the horrific middle-of-the-night attack on civilians in two villages last Sunday. Browne said it affected all of the soldiers at the base.
The suspect had been injured twice during his three previous deployments to Iraq and didn’t want to go to Afghanistan to begin with, Browne said.
Browne declined to release his client’s name, citing concerns for the man’s family, which is under protection on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, near Tacoma. But he said the soldier has two young children, ages 3 and 4.
No comments yet.
Overseas Civilian Contractors
THE BEST KEPT SECRET OF THE WARS
for negligence after stepping on a landmine resulting in an immediate below the knee amputation in an area previously cleared by and certified clear of landmines by Ronco Consulting.
The United Nations board of inquiry found that Ronco failed to find the mine that injured Mr Fartham as well as three other mines.
The complaint states that Ronco Consulting, acting through it’s agents and/or employee’s, breached it’s professional duty of care to Fantham and did not exercise the reasonable care and skill expected of professional mine clearance companies.
Ex Pat 2011 Tax Information UPDATED
We coordinate with the
in order to provide more comprehensive coverage of issues effecting both injured contractors and those still in the field.
Visit our websites
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our Memorial to Civilian Contractor Casualties
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- Mental Health and Private Military Contractors
- Pakistan arrests US security contractor, Aaron Dehaven, as rift with CIA deepens
- Watch for the coming collapse of Monsanto
- Attention KBR truck drivers past and present
- UN Declares Kabul "White" City, Highest Security Status effective immediatley
- IRS Targets US ExPats
- Libya: Rebels 'execute 85 mercenaries, including 12 Serbs'
- $8.7 Million Settlement Reached in Iraq Contractor Whistleblower Suit
- Pakistan: Names of 55 US suspects on the loose
- SARS-like virus in the Middle East
- KBR: Feds Should Pay Lawsuit Damages
- Pentagon Wants to Keep Running Its Afghan Drug War From Blackwater’s HQ
- For Private Security Guards in Kabul, Hazardous Duty
- VA Beach SEAL killed in Afghanistan
- US sues contractors over troop trailers in Iraq
- A hidden cause of Benghazi tragedy
- The Bomb Plant: America’s Three A.M. Nightmare
- Warlords, Inc./How Do You Handle 70,000 Unemployed Afghan PSC? Very Carefully
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Staff Sgt Kenneth W Bennett killed in Afghanistan
- Petraeus Steps Down as C.I.A. Chief, Saying He Had Affair
- No VFA cover for dumping
- Veterans Day Poster 2012
- Virginia Beach based SEAL killed in Afghanistan
- $85 million awarded to 12 Oregon soldiers; KBR guilty of negligence, not fraud
- ‘Unsatisfactory’ Mega-Contractor, DynCorp, Re-Ups on Another Big Military Deal
- Wackenhut Security Guards Cheat on Recertification Exams
- SIGAR Audit 13-1 October 2012
- Overseas Contractor Count – 4th Quarter FY 2012
Search this blog
TAGSAcademi Afghanistan AIG Armed Security Guards ArmorGroup Blackwater Bomb Disposal CIA Civilian Contractor Civilian Contractors CNA Commission on Wartime Contracting Contractor Casualties Contractor Casualty Contractor Killed Contractors Danny Fitzsimons David Isenberg DBA Defense Base Act Demining Department of Defense Department of Labor DoD DynCorp EOD EOD Casualty ERW Explosive Ordnance Disposal Explosive Remnants of War G4S Halliburton IED Iraq ISAF Kabul KBR Killed L-3 Landmines Libya MsSparky NATO Overseas Foreign Workers Pakistan Pentagon Pirates Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Private Military Contractors Private Security Contractor Private Security Contractors Private Security Guards PSC's PTSD Raymond Davis Ronco Consulting SIGAR Sigir Somalia Somali Pirates State Department State Dept Taliban T Christian Miller Traumatic Brain Injury Triple Canopy UN United Nations USACE USAID US Embassy US State Department Wackenhut Wartime Contracting Xe
CategoriesAfghanistan Africa ArmorGroup Blackwater CIA Civilian Contractors Contractor Casualties Contractor Corruption Contractor Oversight Defense Base Act Demining Department of Defense DynCorp Explosive Ordnance Disposal Follow the Money Government Contractor Iraq KBR Legal Jurisdictions NATO Pakistan Pentagon Private Military Contractors Private Security Contractor Safety and Security Issues State Department Uncategorized United Nations USAID Wartime Contracting
carinaragno on Private Army Formed to Fight S… Mary on America’s Shame: The U.S. Gove… Thomas Riojas on US sues contractors over troop… Jim Thompson on Air carrier’s cause: An… wesmantoddshaw on $85 million awarded to 12 Oreg…
- RT @ProPublica: War contractor fined for late reports of 30 deaths: propub.ca/X5DZi5 3 years ago
- Civilian Contractors, Ex Pats 2012 Tax Time Updates dbacomp.com/Taxes.html 3 years ago
- New Civilian Contractor Casualty numbers due out this week dbacomp.com/defensebaseact… 3 years ago
- VA Beach US Navy SEAL Matthew G Kantor 22 killed in Afghanistan wp.me/pAfVW-240 4 years ago
- New Numbers out today Civilian Contractor Casualties wp.me/PmgbQ-1yh 4 years ago
Site infoOverseas Civilian Contractors
Blog at WordPress.com.