UK hostage recovers after special forces rescue, one UK soldier killed
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The U.S.-led NATO force in Afghanistan says a British soldier has been killed during a successful mission to rescue an Afghan police officer kidnapped by militants.
The provincial government of southern Helmand province says the policeman was kidnapped Sunday evening from a police checkpoint in Payan village in Nahri Sarraj district.
The NATO coalition said Monday that British forces recovered the kidnapped policemen, but the insurgents managed to flee. Security forces seized one of their mobile phones, some documents and explosives.
The NATO statement did not provide any further details about the soldier, nor how he was killed. It says another British soldier was injured.
The Independent UK June 4, 2012
A British aid worker held hostage in Afghanistan is recovering from her ordeal today after special forces swooped on a remote hide-out.
Helen Johnston, 28, was dramatically rescued yesterday in an early morning raid following her 12-day ordeal.
Prime Minister David Cameron later commended the soldiers who carried out the “extraordinarily brave, breath-taking” operation and returned her to safety.
In a strongly-worded statement issued outside 10 Downing Street, he also warned hostage-takers could
“expect a swift and brutal end”.
The rescue attempt was authorised amid increasing concerns for the safety of Ms Johnston and her colleagues from Medair, a humanitarian non-governmental organisation based near Lausanne, Switzerland.
The aid worker, Kenyan national Moragwe Oirere, 26, and two Afghan civilians were abducted by a group associated with the Taliban on May 22 as they visited relief project sites in Badakhshan province in the north-east of the country.
June 4, 2012 - Posted by defensebaseactcomp | Afghanistan, Civilian Contractors, Humanitarian Assistance, NGO's, Safety and Security Issues | Afghanistan, Aid Workers, British Aid Worker, British Soldier killed, Helen Johnston, Moragwe Oirere, Rescue, Special Forces, Taliban
No comments yet.
Overseas Civilian Contractors
THE BEST KEPT SECRET OF THE WARS
for negligence after stepping on a landmine resulting in an immediate below the knee amputation in an area previously cleared by and certified clear of landmines by Ronco Consulting.
The United Nations board of inquiry found that Ronco failed to find the mine that injured Mr Fartham as well as three other mines.
The complaint states that Ronco Consulting, acting through it’s agents and/or employee’s, breached it’s professional duty of care to Fantham and did not exercise the reasonable care and skill expected of professional mine clearance companies.
Ex Pat 2011 Tax Information UPDATED
We coordinate with the
in order to provide more comprehensive coverage of issues effecting both injured contractors and those still in the field.
Visit our websites
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our Memorial to Civilian Contractor Casualties
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- Pakistan: Names of 55 US suspects on the loose
- SARS-like virus in the Middle East
- Overseas Civilian Contractors
- UN Declares Kabul "White" City, Highest Security Status effective immediatley
- Civilian Contractor Tyrone Woods, Retired Navy SEAL, killed in Libya Embassy Attack
- ITT Systems Corp wins Kuwait Base Operations and Security Support Services Contract
- Phillipine Gov’t retains OFW ban in 6 countries
- War Hazards Act Entitlement to Benefits Title 20 Subpart B
- Mental Health and Private Military Contractors
- Libya: Rebels 'execute 85 mercenaries, including 12 Serbs'
- SARS-like virus in the Middle East
- KBR: Feds Should Pay Lawsuit Damages
- Pentagon Wants to Keep Running Its Afghan Drug War From Blackwater’s HQ
- For Private Security Guards in Kabul, Hazardous Duty
- VA Beach SEAL killed in Afghanistan
- US sues contractors over troop trailers in Iraq
- A hidden cause of Benghazi tragedy
- The Bomb Plant: America’s Three A.M. Nightmare
- Warlords, Inc./How Do You Handle 70,000 Unemployed Afghan PSC? Very Carefully
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Staff Sgt Kenneth W Bennett killed in Afghanistan
- Petraeus Steps Down as C.I.A. Chief, Saying He Had Affair
- No VFA cover for dumping
- Veterans Day Poster 2012
- Virginia Beach based SEAL killed in Afghanistan
- $85 million awarded to 12 Oregon soldiers; KBR guilty of negligence, not fraud
- ‘Unsatisfactory’ Mega-Contractor, DynCorp, Re-Ups on Another Big Military Deal
- United States Sues Virginia-based Contractor Triple Canopy for False Claims Under Contract for Security in Iraq
- Wackenhut Security Guards Cheat on Recertification Exams
- SIGAR Audit 13-1 October 2012
- Overseas Contractor Count – 4th Quarter FY 2012
Search this blog
TAGSAcademi Afghanistan AIG Armed Security Guards ArmorGroup Blackwater Bomb Disposal CIA Civilian Contractor Civilian Contractors CNA Commission on Wartime Contracting Contractor Casualties Contractor Casualty Contractor Killed Contractors Danny Fitzsimons David Isenberg DBA Defense Base Act Demining Department of Defense Department of Labor DoD DynCorp EOD EOD Casualty ERW Explosive Ordnance Disposal Explosive Remnants of War G4S Halliburton IED Iraq ISAF Kabul KBR Killed L-3 Landmines Libya MsSparky NATO Overseas Foreign Workers Pakistan Pentagon Pirates Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Private Military Contractors Private Security Contractor Private Security Contractors Private Security Guards PSC's PTSD Raymond Davis Ronco Consulting SIGAR Sigir Somalia Somali Pirates State Department State Dept Taliban T Christian Miller Traumatic Brain Injury Triple Canopy UN United Nations USACE USAID US Embassy US State Department Wackenhut Wartime Contracting Xe
CategoriesAfghanistan Africa ArmorGroup Blackwater CIA Civilian Contractors Contractor Casualties Contractor Corruption Contractor Oversight Defense Base Act Demining Department of Defense DynCorp Explosive Ordnance Disposal Follow the Money Government Contractor Iraq KBR Legal Jurisdictions NATO Pakistan Pentagon Private Military Contractors Private Security Contractor Safety and Security Issues State Department Uncategorized United Nations USAID Wartime Contracting
carinaragno on Private Army Formed to Fight S… Mary on America’s Shame: The U.S. Gove… Thomas Riojas on US sues contractors over troop… Jim Thompson on Air carrier’s cause: An… wesmantoddshaw on $85 million awarded to 12 Oreg…
- Ronco Consulting sued for negligence by United Nations Mine Action Employee wp.me/pAfVW-1dP via @wordpressdotcom 3 years ago
- My comment on "Report: Contractors Sent To War Zones Often Experience PTSD" @Forbes: onforb.es/1btKK0f 3 years ago
- Latest Civilian Contractor Casualty Numbers, 55 deaths, 2,806 injuries filed on in second quarter 2013 dbacomp.com/defensebaseact… 3 years ago
- American, British, Romanian, Nepalese Civilian Contractors killed in Supreme Group Compound Suicide Bombing dbacomp.com/defensebaseact… 3 years ago
- Tim Eysselinck Iraq War Casualty Not Counted Nine Years ago today dbacomp.com/defensebaseact… 3 years ago
- Inside Washington Rule-Making, AKA ‘The Seventh Circle of Bureaucratic Hell’ - ProPublica propublica.org/podcast/item/m… via @propublica 3 years ago
- RT @ProPublica: War contractor fined for late reports of 30 deaths: propub.ca/X5DZi5 3 years ago
- Local team launches effort to provide psychological services to military contractors | OregonLive.com blog.oregonlive.com/oregonatwar/20… 3 years ago
- RT @WestWingReport: A good database on civilian contractors who have died in Afghanistan & Iraq over the years can be reviewed here: ... 3 years ago
- RT @stevesilberman: It's official: Suicide is killing more of our troops than war. bit.ly/SHQ9P3 4 years ago
- Civilian Contractors, Ex Pats 2012 Tax Time Updates dbacomp.com/Taxes.html 4 years ago
- New Civilian Contractor Casualty numbers due out this week dbacomp.com/defensebaseact… 4 years ago
- How Do You Handle 70,000 Unemployed Afghan PSC? Very Carefully huff.to/RB9AVq via @HuffPostBiz 4 years ago
- RT @MsSparkydotcom: Iraq war contractor KBR ordered to pay $85 million to Oregon soldiers p.ost.im/p/dBpkTk 4 years ago
- VA Beach US Navy SEAL Matthew G Kantor 22 killed in Afghanistan wp.me/pAfVW-240 4 years ago
- CNA Insurance Company and the Department of Labor Jacksonville District Office, A match made in hell wp.me/pmgbQ-1AV 4 years ago
- New Numbers out today Civilian Contractor Casualties wp.me/PmgbQ-1yh 4 years ago
- Documentary claims G4S was warned about killer - Middle East - World - The Independent independent.co.uk/news/world/mid… via @Independent 4 years ago
- RT @Marsh_Inc: Defense Base Act #insurance rates likely to skyrocket after expiration of single-source, flat-rate DBA program. http://t. ... 4 years ago
- Civilian Contractor, Private Security Contractor, Former US Navy SEAL killed in Libya Embassy Attack wp.me/pmgbQ-1zo 4 years ago
Site infoOverseas Civilian Contractors
Blog at WordPress.com.